How to clean and polish GOLD
- First you clean the gold in a bath of mild soap water, you may even scrub it with a soft toothbrush. After that, you soak the gold in 90% alcohol to get rid of soap and free it from grease residues. After that you dry the gold piece with a cotton towel.
- Chemical gold baths (only buy them at jeweler’s shop or at a specialized store.)
- Ultrasonic sound bath
- Chlorine and cleaning materials that contain chlorine, damage the color of gold finally, you will not be able to restore the color!
- If gold looses its brilliance, rub the gold with onion juice and let it stay for 3 hours. After that you polish it again and it will shine like new.
- Keep gold in soft tissues or soft fabrics to prevent it from getting scratches